17 November 2006

Nightwish

The big guy and I have discovered a new band we like. Nightwish is a band from Finland, I think. They have been around since 1996 so I guess we have just been asleep at the wheel. Their site alone is really great. I love the artwork, the band bios and the history of the band. The pictures are great!

We discovered them quite by accident. We rented and viewed (well, I was working on other stuff while viewing it, so I couldn't really tell you what it's about) the movie The Cave. I don't even know what it's rated. Sorry guys. At the end, during closing credits, a song by Nightwish is in the background.

The song is Nemo which translated means No one. Interesting. It is our favorite kind of music. Progressive rock. Heavy rock with orchestral parts thrown in. Of the six albums they've recorded, we currently own Once. We will be buying the others soon, as their music is great for driving to keep all the frustrations in check. heh. They fired their lead female vocalist last December. (Bands just can't seem to handle the success) They are on a talent search currently and are accepting cd sample in their quest to find a new singer. If my daughter wasn't pregnant I'd say she should give it a try as her voice is quite like their departed singers voice. Did I mention that she once recorded back up vocals on a cd because a guy heard her singing some Sarah McLachlan in a Best Buy once. She's good, but that's her story to tell.

If you're not a fan of progressive rock, or you don't know what it is, go to their site and listen a bit to the samples they have embedded in to the site. It's worth a try.

Words to Nemo:

Nemo (Once)

This is me for forever
One of the lost ones
The one without a name
Without an honest heart as compass

This is me for forever
One without a name
These lines the last endeavor
To find the missing lifeline

Oh how I wish
For soothing rain
All I wish is to dream again
My loving heart
Lost in the dark
For hope I`d give my everything
Oh how I wish
For soothing rain
Oh how I wish to dream again
Once and for all
And all for once
Nemo my name forevermore

My flower, withered between
The pages 2 and 3
The once and forever bloom gone with my sins

Walk the dark path
Sleep with angels
Call the past for help
Touch me with your love
And reveal to me my true name

Oh, how I wish...

Nemo sailing home
Nemo letting go

Oh, how i wish...