21 January 2008

Oh truly neat!





The above images are from the US Postal Service website. These are just my favorite stamps that will be released this year! There are many more that will become part of the collection but these will be in duplicates. Stamp collecting is such a fun and inexpensive hobby. And there are so many different ways of collecting them. If you are interested you can check out the USPS site for a bit of information and The American Stamp Collecting Society for more information.

Why are these my faves? Well, Eames, that one is pretty self explanatory. And my love for Steamboat Willy began when I was just a young girl. I loved seeing him on the tv with his boat and his true friend Pluto. The first cat I ever owned on my own was named Pluto. The last stamp is a tribute stamp to Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings. She was the Pulitzer Prize winning author of The Yearling. The book was adapted to film in 1946. The director of the film was Clarence Brown (he one an Oscar for the film). When I was a broker his daughter was one of my clients. She was and is one of the most wonderful people around. Humble and kind. I really thought she was great. That's why that stamp goes into the drawer.