16 November 2005

Geography Bee!

At a blog I visit on occasion (mostly for their links) had a link to National Geographic's geography bee page. There is a test there, I think written for kids, that you can take testing your knowledge of geography around the world. I went ahead and took both tests and scored 9 correct out of ten on both! Wow! It has been a long time since I studied geography and I amazed myself!

I think a lot of what i have been able to retain is because - and take this in the right way - well, it's because I blog. Yep, that's right! I have talked about my reason for blogging in the past and this confirms that reason. I don't travel all that much, but I love learning. The internet and blogging have given me to meet people all over the globe! I have learned of their triumphs and struggles. I have learned of the way they cook, live, entertain themselves, and surprisingly enough we're not all that different! We do have different things that lead in our lives, but deep down inside we all love our families, struggle with money and wonder if we're doing all we can to make our lives more enriched. Leaving a legacy is important for everyone, and the net, through blogging does that for each of us.

I have learned that I am not unique. I have learned that most people eat a lot more cheese than I do. And I have learned that most people believe in a higher power of some sort. I have learned about politics, music, religion, healthcare, and all sorts of interesting things. Can you say crafting???? Thank you all for being so willing to share your lives with me and countless others. Let's hear it for the bloggers of the world and the positive influence we have!

Isn't it amazing what a little geography test can do for you!