25 November 2008

Martha Stewart Holiday 2008


Oh yes, I'm a sucker for a holiday magazine. I saw this one and just had to add it to the cart. (Then I saw it on eBay for $3 more than I paid - do people really not get out?) So flipping through it I found some really neat things to round out the holiday and add just the right touch for the 4 year old.

The issue covers keepsake for everyone, gifts from the kitchen, handmade gifts and wrappings and cards. My favorites include, the beaded star ornaments, the glittered candle holders and the painted china.

We will definitely make the beaded start ornaments. Of course, we'll have to watch those little fingers - that they stay out of ears! - but I think she'll have a fun time making these.

Also the glittered candle holders I think we'll do but use embossing powder instead of glitter. I've done it before and really liked the results. And, you don't have glitter everywhere when you're done!

I've been wanting to try the simple version of china painting for a long time. Maybe we'll start with some cocoa mugs and work our way up to plates!

What is nice about this issue is that they have included all the templates need to finish a project! I'll post pictures of our results as we get them done.