18 December 2007

It's Christmas time again.

Wow! It seems that time does speed up for you as you age. I remember being a small child and it taking three years for Christmas to roll around, and now! Now it seems to come every three months!

I have been crafting away, but not for show! Not yet at least. There have been some yummy fabrics and soft cuddly ones too! I have had more fun dreaming of new ways to use them and coming up with a few surprises! One I can show is the sugar plum pillow case I made for Little Miss. I am trying to do this every year for each of the grandkids. They'll have quite a collection of pillow cases some day!

This is the fabric I chose this year. Little Miss got one. The grandson is too small, his first will be next year.

Sugar Plum case fabric

Finished case here (just a small snippet of it though:

Sugar Plum


There is a poem that goes with them:

December the first starts a magical time,
With all sorts of colors, ribbons, and rhyme...
Sugar plum fairies will dance in your head....
If you put this special pillowcase on your bed.
The reason its special, as you will soon see
Is that it's been dusted with Christmas Fancy!

Visions of candy canes, Santa and treasures
Will fill each dream with sweetness and pleasures.
When the time comes for it to be washed
Do it quickly so no magic is lost.