03 October 2007

Oh My Heck! Where have all the commenters gone?

From Webster's
com·ment (kŏm'ěnt) n.
1.
1. A written note intended as an explanation, illustration, or criticism of a passage in a book or other writing; an annotation.
2. A series of annotations or explanations.
3. A statement of fact or opinion, especially a remark that expresses a personal reaction or attitude.
4. An implied conclusion or judgment: a novel that is a comment on contemporary lawlessness.
2.
1. A statement of fact or opinion, especially a remark that expresses a personal reaction or attitude.
2. An implied conclusion or judgment: a novel that is a comment on contemporary lawlessness.
3. Talk; gossip: a divorce that caused much comment.
4. Computer Science A string of text in a program that does not function in the program itself but is used by the programmer to explain instructions.
5. Linguistics The part of a sentence that provides new information about the topic. Also called rheme.

v. com·ment·ed, com·ment·ing, com·ments v. intr.
1. To make a comment; remark.
2. To serve as a judgmental commentary: "Her demise comments on [the Upper East Side's] entire way of life" (Mark Muro).
v. tr.
To make comments on; annotate.

[Middle English, from Late Latin commentum, interpretation, from Latin, contrivance, from neuter past participle of comminīscī, to devise; see men-1 in Indo-European roots.]


Alrighty now. Some people have not made a comment here in a while. Well, let me tell you something about that. I need comments people! Behind the mastermind of this project sits an oldest sister. I learned how to tell y'all to do stuff years ago, assert authority and look like I know everything, but that's all for show. I need feedback people.

So next time you think I don't need the comments, remember I am not the Great and Powerful OZ! You can pay attention the person behind the curtain, approach the holy of holies, click on the comment button and leave a note. I need to feed the beast people. Let me know you're out there, soaking up my every phrase. Or not. But at least say hi. It gets lonely out here in slobovia, uh I mean, the IE!