09 October 2006

Yellow Roses


my roses
Originally uploaded by foodchronicles.
For my birthday over a month ago, I got a bouquet of roses. The big guy knows I love yellow roses and decided to get them for part of the celebration.

I didn't photograph them while they were fresh. Today I looked at the vase and realized they had just about completely dried. I love dried roses. Almost more than fresh. They have such character, and dry so well. No one misses the fact that they were once roses. Their fragrance is incredible. In fact, I think roses smell more fragrant when dried than when fresh. The leaves stay that really great color of green and I just can't imagine tossing them out.

They'll go into the drawer with the rest. I am gathering dried roses to make pot pourri. It'll be a nice assortment when I get it done. :-)