09 February 2006

Miami Ink

We are hooked on TLC's Miami Ink show. I am not a huge fan of tattoos for me, or anyone in the family, but it is a very interesting show. I think most professional tattoo artist are exactly that, artists. They work very hard to bring to life the clients wishes for 'ink'.

What interests me more than the tattoos are the individual stories that inspire people to have a permanent memory applied to thier bodies. Each person has a distinct reason and seems to be able to justify getting a lifelong body alteration. I find it fascinating how many people choose to immortalize another person through a tattoo.

My husband tells me I should have been an anthropologist. I love people's stories. I believe there is one for every person alive. We all have little bits of experience that shared, could possibly make a difference to someone else.