27 February 2006

I'm in a crafting mood

So what am I doing? Cruising a few crafty blogs to find some inspiration!

What have I stumbled upon? Well, there a new blog out there with true inspiration: WhipUp From their 'about' page:

"Whip up: To prepare quickly. To excite. To create. To incite. To build. To invent. To conceive. To push. To upset. To manufacture. To provoke.

This website has been created in order to bring the best original and exciting crafts to the attention of many.
To create a community of artists, crafters and makers and share ideas in a central space.

A handcraft guide in a hectic world

What is handcraft? “To fashion or make by hand”. “A craft or occupation requiring skilled use of the hands.”

Whip up is a multi author site with contributors from around the world united by a passion for making things, for beautiful design and for a desire to share ideas with others. The editor and originator of this site is me, Kathreen Ricketson, I wanted a central meeting place for ideas and projects and technical advice for all the latest that is handmade around the world.
"

It truly is an inspiration! They directed me to this site: Help+art is a site launched to promote artisits in undeveloped nations and sell their wares to everyone. Some amazing stuff there!

Lastly is the Whip Up post currently about Brandy Agerbeck. Brandy and her Loosetooth website have been on my short list for a long time. She is the most creative person I can think of. Her mind must work even while she sleeps! Incredible, I say!