01 July 2007

Angel's Baseball

One of the perks my husband gets through work is tickets to an occasional sporting event. Social Work doesn't provide a lot of perks but this is one we enjoy. I say we, but I really mean me. I love sports. I am a huge hockey fan, and will attend a game of any kind if the tickets are gratis. Well, recently we had the opportunity to attend an Angel game. A elder service company sent 4 tickets over to the husband and he brought them home thinking we'd give them to friends. Instead, I invited s'mee and thor to attend with us. We all had a great time. The best part of the tickets is that they are always great seats. I appreciate the freebies immensely!

I told the big guy we had to at least stay through the seventh inning stretch. It's my favorite part of a ball game. At the end of the seventh inning, everyone stands to stretch their legs and sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame". I sing loud and proud. S'mee and I stood there like a couple of goofs singing our hearts out while the guys looked on in amazement.

At the end of the game the Angels had routed the Orioles and it was evident the ninth would end half way through. The bug guy and Thor got up at the end of the 8th and said they were taking a bathroom break. I told s'mee, "you know they aren't coming back". Huh? Nope they'd be waiting for us up above, at the top of the stairs. She laughed and we waited until the last pitch was thrown. Thor mentioned to the big guy that he was surprised at s'mee's behavior. She was whooping it up and cheering and having a great time. His lament was "she won't even watch sports on tv". heh.

I am glad they went. Here are a couple of the pics I took at the event:

angel's baseball

Baseball game