21 February 2006

The Isetta


The Isetta
Originally uploaded by foodchronicles.
I was at my MINI Cooper dealer of choice (I had to pick a California dealer to work with as I purchased mine from a dealer in New York and shipped to CA by train), a couple of Saturdays ago. In their "buy me!" case was this model. I want it. Waaaaaay back when I was in high school my next youngest sister had a friend. He had an Isetta. It was the coolest car ever. He also owned a couple fo original Coopers and various other forms of transportation.

This model has a city skyline etched on it and a plaque telling about the year of issue etc. It is a 1:18 scale model and in honor of the 50th anniversary of the car. So very cute! And I don't use the word lightly, I know how it makes some guys cringe hearing that word to describe a car. But it is too cute!